WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
We are looking for students with a demonstrated commitment to the health of Native American communities, and evidence of motivation to achieve the highest goals possible.
This does not require the highest grades (we do not request transcripts) or the most extensive research background (previous research experience is not required). We do require the following:
- Minimum 1 year of undergraduate studies in a 4-year undergraduate degree program prior to start of program (June)
- Demonstrated interest in careers in medicine, public health, or biomedical sciences
- At least 1 introductory science course (can include biology or chemistry)
- US citizen or non-citizen national with a permanent residence visa
- Not taking the August MCAT (the time constraints of the program do not allow adequate time for studying for this important exam)
- Can provide proof of health insurance coverage.